February 16, 2011

2011 in our hands

Besides the deluge of console games coming this year, we'll also have a flood of options for mobile gaming.


Not only will we have two more consoles in Nintendo's 3DS and Sony's NGP but also Sony's PlayStation Suite for Android devices.

I had been interested in the 3DS until I saw it's price and battery life. The glasses free 3D tech interests me so hopefully they'll beef up the battery in the next revision.

The NGP seems aimed squarely at core gamers. What we know thus far is that it offers full gaming experiences at a graphical level somewhat comparable with the PS3. I'm anxious to hear more about it at E3, especially it's pricing.

As for PlayStation Suite, I like the idea of getting PS One games into more people's hands. Unfortunately, I don't have an Android device so I won't be able to try it.

No matter which platform you choose 2011 is shaping up to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment