September 19, 2016

Episode 43: LTTP - Our Journey...to Uncharted 4


Episode 43 is here!

Once again, we talk about Assassin's Creed (it's what we do) and the announcement of the Ezio Collection and what we would want from an Assassin's Creed (the first one) remastered release.

Then it's onto Yoshi's Island, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, and No Man's Sky.

We sidebar into a discussion about the PlayStation 4 Pro and the Xbox Scorpio and if 4K gaming really matters.

Finally we wrap up with a joint discussion on Journey (yes we finally played it) and Uncharted 4.

Our question for the podcast: Do you have a favorite game? Is it different from the best game you ever played and why?

_______

Find us at:

www.gamersvantage.com

Email us at:

steveandjake@gamersvantage.com

Follow us on Twitter

@Gamersvantage


Check out this episode!

2 comments:

  1. Ep 43 comments:

    No Man's Sky - Based on what I've heard, is the game is pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Funny thing is that I was probably being a downer and had lowered expectations than what the marketing would have suggested I should have had... but it turned out to be pretty close. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I may try it out one day once they start showing up in bargain bins. Maybe that day will come sooner than expected if the PS5 comes out soon. :) 'If it was 'here's something to play with' and it was 20$, everyone would love it.' I agree with you there.

    Journey - I liked flower much more. I'll post a link to my review in case you're interested, but the short version is that it's a beautiful interactive experience that lacked any significant game-play. The backstory discussed on the podcast sounds more interesting to play than the actual game is. So, I didn't like it as a game. Someone wants to make a poem or metaphor in the form of an electronic medium, more power to them; that doesn't make it a fun game. It has many beautiful qualities to it, and I found it had its moments to be sure, but overall (as a game) I didn't enjoy it much.
    http://www.ipernity.com/doc/derelict/19169049

    QTEs in the final fight - I do not like QTEs in boss fights. I do not think they're ever right. For QTEs I have no care, I do not like them anywhere.

    Favourite Game: I used to say hands down the original Deus Ex. I still love that game, but not sure if I can stick to just one game. Other games I love to play over and over include Shadow of the Colossus and the Portal games. The best game I've ever played? Not sure about that specific question, but I will say that I think Tetris should be considered the best game of all time, generally speaking. It's not my favourite game, but it should be a contender for best-game-ever. Timeless, addictive, accessible, and loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete