December 1, 2009

2009...a look back

With the start of December its about time I look back at my year in gaming. Last year I thought I did well to finish fourteen titles but I outdid myself in 2009 and completed twenty one.

Like everything else in this economy, my spending was a little more conservative and I only picked up 26 titles. Sony had a banner year in our house accounting for 15 of those (12 for PS3, 3 for PSP). 360 followed with 8 titles, 2 on the PC, and the Wii saw 1 new title.

As I mentioned before, I finished 21 games which I'll list below in order of completion.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
GTA IV
Killzone 2
Quantum of Solace
Dead Space
inFamous
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty: World at War
Assassin's Creed
Resistance Retribution
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Ben There, Dan That
Halo 3: ODST
Uncharted 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
God of War
God of War II
Guitar Hero 5
Assassin's Creed 2

I still have some time in '09 and anticipate finishing an evil run in inFamous, playing through Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1, and maybe going back to Mass Effect.

2009 turned out to be a great year in gaming and I'm really looking forward to what 2010 has to offer. God of War III, Heavy Rain, and Splinter Cell: Conviction being my most anticipated games in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment